Gray Line SIGHTseeing Munich
City tours in Munich, day excursions in Bavaria and into Austria: A variety of tours are offered by Gray Line Sightseeing. Accompanied by professional and experienced tour guides, Gray Line Sightseeing takes you to the sights you most want to see.
Discover Bavaria's dream castles
Excursions are operated daily to the renowned dream castles of the fairy tale king Ludwig II, built in the 19th century. Tours go to:
- the royal castle of Neuschwanstein, majestically situated in the beautiful Bavarian Alps
- the picturesque rococo-style palace of Linderhof with its fantastic grotto
- the castle Herrenchiemsee, a grand replica of the Palace of Versailles, located on the island of Lake Chiemsee, Bavaria’s largest lake
- to Rothenburg, one of the best-preserved medieval towns in Southern Germany, along the world-famous Romantic Road with a stop at the nearly one thousand year old Harburg castle
Tours through Bavaria and Austria
Gray Line Sightseeing also takes you to Berchtesgaden and the mountain Obersalzberg where the Eagle's Nest (Hitler's summer residence) and the NS-Documentation Center can be viewed. If inclement weather prevents a ride up to the Obersalzberg mountain, the fun and famous Berchtesgaden salt mine will be visited instead. The Austrian towns of Salzburg and Innsbruck are also attractive Gray Line destinations. Enjoy the Mozart city of Salzburg and a boat ride on Lake Wolfgang surrounded by beautiful Alpine scenery. A major highlight on the tour to Innsbruck, the city of the “Golden Roof”, is a visit to Swarovski’s famous “Crystal Worlds”.
Gray Line also offers tours to Dachau and its former concentration camp. A visit to the memorial site there gives you some insight into the history of the time of National Socialism and its barbarism.
Special Tours in Munich: Hop On Hop Off
Gray Line Sightseeing is also the local expert for Hop On Hop Off city tours – try the Hop-On Hop-Off Express Circle or the Hop-On Hop-Off Grand Circle – and numerous special tours such as “Munich under the 3rd Reich and the German Resistance”, the “FC Bayern Soccer Tour”, “Munich and its Beer” and “Munich by Night”.
Day trip Bavaria: Juwel of the Alps
Urban life and untouched nature – only a few minutes apart. Experience this unique combination on our tour to the Nordkette.
The route leads through the Alpine foothills of Bavaria to the valley station in Austria. The modern “Hungerburg Funicular” will bring you to an altitude of 870 metres, where the highest Alpine zoo in Europe is home to an impressive host of creatures, offering you an adventurous day. The cable car will then take you over the Seegrube (1,905m) to the Hafelkar. After a few minutes walking, you will then reach the highest point of the Nordkette. At 2,300 metres, you will enjoy a magnificent view of the almost endless peaks of the Alps and the nature reserve of the Karwendel mountain range. Have time for lunch with a spectacular view, or a nice walk with a 360° panoramic view of the Alps.
- Alpine Road
- Much time for pictures while going slowly uphill by cogwheel train and different cable cars.
- View on city of Innsbruck and its ski jumps of the Olympic Winter Games in 2012
- Time for lunch with an amazing view
- See the endless peaks of the Austrian Alpes and the famous Karwendel mountain range
- Leisure time to explore the Alpine Zoo and the mountain paths at your own pace