10 Golden Oktoberfest rules
We all want to have fun at Oktoberfest. To make sure we all enjoy ourselves, we have established a few Oktoberfest ground rules:
1. This year, rucksacks and large bags will generally be banned from the Oktoberfest. Leave any non-essential items at home. You will make it into the Oktoberfest much quicker if you don't bring any bags or rucksacks with you.
2. AnIf you take any bags or rucksacks they must not exceed 20 cm x 15 cm x 10 cm.
3. The following items are also prohibited: Aerosol spray cans with hazardous contents; corrosive or staining substances; objects that could be used to cut, slash or stab, and glass bottles - even if they fit into your purse.
4. Pushchairs are not permitted on the Oktoberfest grounds on Saturdays or the German Unity Day on 3 October. Furthermore, pushchairs will not be allowed onto the site from 6 pm on all other days. Security personnel may inspect pushchairs.
5. Bicycles, scooters, skateboards and similar are not permitted on the festival grounds.
6. Animals are not permitted in the Oktoberfest at any time (with the exception of assistance dogs).
7. Plan your journey: If possible, find alternative forms of transport to underground lines, U4 or U5 and Theresienwiese station. If you are arriving via the central railway station, you can also walk to the Oktoberfest. If you are using the U-bahn from the west, get off at Schwanthaler Höhe if possible. Please also consider the underground (U-Bahn) lines 3 and 6 - stops are at Goetheplatz and Poccistrasse.
8. Use any of the entrances around the Oktoberfest grounds. Just like previous years, all entrances will be open (not closed off).
9. The Oktoberfest is at its best when there aren't any large crowds. The Wiesn Barometer at www.oktoberfest.eu shows you the best times for a quiet stroll around the site. Here You will find the barometer (in german)
10. No matter how much fun you have, every trip to Oktoberfest has to come to an end some time. No visitors are permitted on the festival grounds between 1.30 am and 9 am