Gray Line Sightseeing: Sightseeing tours Munich and day trips through Bavaria and Austria
City tours through Munich and day excursions to castles, lakes & the Alps
City tours around Munich, day excursions within Bavaria and even into Austria: Gray Line Sightseeing offers a variety of tours. Accompanied by professional and experienced tour guides, Gray Line Sightseeing takes you to places you've always wanted to see.
Classic Edition: Neuschwanstein and Linderhof
Discover the beautiful castles of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof in one tour. With its unique architecture and idyllic location, Neuschwanstein Castle , also known as the fairytale castle , is a magnet for visitors from all over the world. Not less worth seeing is also the "Royal Villa", Linderhof Castle , in which Ludwig II created spaces of phantasmagoric abundance, which surpasses all role models far and wide. Despite a high number of visitors, your visit to these two Bavarian monuments will be absolutely stress-free.
Neuschwanstein, Linderhof and more: Discover Bavaria's dream castles
Excursions are operated daily to the renowned dream castles of the fairy tale king Ludwig II, built in the 19th century. Tours go to:
- the royal castle of Neuschwanstein , majestically situated in the beautiful Bavarian Alps
- the picturesque rococo-style palace of Linderhof with its fantastic grotto
- the castle Herrenchiemsee , (a grand replica of the Palace of Versailles), located on the island of Lake Chiemsee - Bavaria's largest lake
- to Rothenburg , one of the best-preserved medieval towns in Southern Germany, along the world-famous Romantic Road with a stop at the nearly one thousand year old Harburg castle.
Comfortable day trips from Munich to Dachau, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- Gray Line Sightseeing also takes you to Berchtesgaden and mountain Obersalzberg , where the Eagle's Nest (Hitler's summer residence) and the NS Documentation Center can be seen. If bad weather prevents a ride up to the Obersalzberg mountain, the fun and famous Berchtesgaden salt mine will be visited instead.
- The Austrian towns of Salzburg and Innsbruck are also attractive Gray Line destinations. Enjoy the Mozart city of Salzburg and a boat ride on Lake Wolfgang, surrounded by beautiful Alpine scenery. A major highlight on the tour to Innsbruck (the city of the “Golden Roof”), is a visit to Swarovski's famous “Crystal Worlds”.
- Gray Line also offers tours to Dachau and its former concentration camp . A visit to the memorial site there gives you some insight into the history and times of National Socialism and its barbarism.
Special Tours in Munich, stress-free and enjoyable: Hop On Hop Off
Zugspitze: Germany's highest mountain
This day trip takes you along the Garmisch motorway, directly into the foothills of the Alps and its green valleys. Passing the picturesque houses of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, the bus climbs the first few meters up to the valley station of the Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany (2,963 m).
Using the new cable car, you can reach the mountain peak in a matter of minutes. After enjoying the intoxicating views of more than 400 peaks, you have plenty of time to eat and relax in the restaurants on site (vegetarian and halal options available).
In the summer, the free bobsleigh or a hike on the eternal glacier ice guarantees extraordinary fun. Heading back down the mountain, you travel on the historic cogwheel railway.
- May 12th - October 13th
- Sunday 10 am - 8 pm
- Departure: Karlsplatz / Stachus in front of GALERIA Kaufhof
- Book now
Natural Kingdom: Königssee and Berchtesgaden Salt Mine
Lake Königssee lies in the heart of the Berchtesgaden Alpine National Park. During the quiet crossing by electric boat to the idyllic island of St. Bartholomew, you will learn interesting facts about the mountain lake itself. The trip provides time for you to hike and enjoy the beautiful landscape as well.
The Berchtesgaden salt mine is only about 20 minutes away. Dressed in necessary mining gear, you begin the exciting tour (approx. 90 min. long) through the salt-laden mountain by riding on the mine train. Please keep in mind that the temperature underground is approx. 12 ° C year-round. Sturdy shoes are required.