Director of the Department of Arts and Culture, Dr. Hans-Georg Küppers
Dr. Hans-Georg Küppers has been Director of Munich’s Municipal Department of Arts and Culture since July 1st 2007.
- Born 1954 in Oberhausen. Married, father of one daughter.
- Studied German Studies, philosophy and pedagogy in Bonn
- 1983 - 1985 Assistant lecturer in German Studies at the University of Siegen
- 1985 - 1989 Head of Department of Cultural Education at the Adult Education Center, Oberhausen
- 1989 - 1996 Head of the Municipal Department of Culture, Mülheim an der Ruhr
- 1997 - 1998 Head of Desk Regional Cultural Policy in the Ministry for City Development, Culture and Sport of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
- 1998 - 2007 City Councilor in charge of Cultural Affairs, Education and Science, Bochum
- Since July 2007: Director of the Department of Arts and Culture, City of Munich
- Since October 2008: Chairman of the Cultural Committee of the German Association of Cities
Anton Biebl has been Municipal Director and Permanent Representative to the Director of the Municipal Department of Arts and Culture since 2010.