Introducing the Department of Labor and Economic Development
If there is anything you want to know about Munich as a business location, if you are interested in commercial space or if you need advice about where to set up a business, you have come to the right place. However, promoting tourism, another traditional pillar of the city's economy, is just as much part of what we do as supporting innovative sectors of the economy, such as the high-tech and media industries.
We deal with fundamental economic and employment policy issues, handle economic development projects and manage local government investments in the corporate sector. We pursue a defined local government employment policy and operate programs to provide training and qualifications, thereby helping to reduce and/or avoid unemployment. Nor are our activities restricted to the Munich region: we maintain a network of contacts and memberships in organizations throughout Europe.
If you would like to know something about Munich as a business location that you cannot find on our website, please feel free to contact us with your questions, comments and suggestions.
Preserving and promoting a solid foundation for profitable business in Munich
We do this by:
- Creating a business-friendly climate for employers and employees alike
- Ensuring that Munich remains a center for production and services
- Safeguarding and creating apprenticeships and jobs
- Enhancing regional collaboration
- Encouraging environment-friendly and socially compatible tourism
- Promoting equity investments and partnerships
- Helping to safeguard sources of local authority revenues
Developing forward-looking prospects for business in Munich
We do this by:
- Dynamically improving the city's economic infrastructure
- Encouraging innovation in the labor market and the business and scientific communities (R&D)
- Opening up new areas of training and employment
- Building on Munich's position as a venue for national and international tourism
- Pursuing a policy of environment-friendly, sustainable development to preserve natural habitats
- Positioning Munich as an international business location