Social Business Challenge Munich
If you are a social startup from Bavaria keep on reading!
Have you heard about the one and only One Young World Summit before? If yes, congratulations, you know what a great opportunity awaits you. If not, no problem, just keep on reading and you will find out about the inspiring global summit that will take place in Munich this summer.
This summer we will open One Young World's stage to the winner of our Social Business Challenge, so they can present to an influential audience from all over the world: OYW delegates, ambassadors, local and global leaders, activists, personalities and corporates. In the past years they included inspiring personalities like Jane Goodall, Muhammad Yunus, Paul Polman, Emma Watson or Meghan Markle.
But a picture, or in this case a video, says more than thousand words. See for yourself:
Present your startup, meet decision-makers
We believe that social businesses can find and implement solutions for our city's social and environmental challenges. However, they often face various barriers: Those include low visibility in society and the media as well as a lack of contacts with decision-makers, donors and supporters. And we want to change that and support you!
This is an unique opportunity for our local startups from Bavaria supporting social and / or sustainable causes to attend the One Young World summit and be a part of it.
Do you believe your solution is a good fit for it?
Then, please, apply for the Social Business Challenge by the 31th of May 2021.
What´s in for you
We are opening our OYW community for social entrepreneurs to promote their companies:
- Access to the unique OYW ambassador network: >10.000 young leaders from 190+ countries.
- If you are within the best applicants you can present your solution in front of a top-class jury including representatives of the City of Munich, One Young World, Yunus Social Business, BonVenture, FASE and OYW ambassadors.
- The winner gets a spot to showcase your solution on stage during OYW Summit 2021.
- In addition, the winner gets a (online) ticket to participate in the OYW Summit 2021 in Munich and gets the chance to listen to a multiplicity of inspiring speeches, plenary sessions as well as the exchange with OYW delegates.
- Your company is a social startup based in Bavaria
- Your company supports one or more of the following Sustainable Development Goals:
- SDG 9: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- SDG 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- SDG 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Your company has reached at least the 1st stage and can present a minimum viable product (MVP).
- A strong team is key. Scalability is desirable. A focus on urban challenges and our local community is a plus.
- At least one of your team members has to be under 35 years.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Application run down
- Please fill out → the application form
- Please also upload your pitch deck and if you want to, you can furthermore provide a link to a video of your team, your MVP and what you think we should know about you.
- Applications will be accepted until the 31th of May 2020.
31th of May 2021: End of application phase
14th of June 2021: Information to the finalists
14th of July 2021: Pitch in front of the jury
22-25th of July 2021: Stage presentation at the OYW Summit in Munich
Jury and organizing team
The winners are selected by an expert jury comprising representatives of major social business promoters and members of the One Young World supporters network.
The Munich One Young World ambassadors as a team are organizing the challenge.
Here you can find the jury members and the Munich ambassadors.
Social Business Challenge - contact information:
The OYW 2021 Munich Social Business Challenge
The Social Business Challenge is an initiative of the Munich One Young World-Ambassadors in cooperation with the City of Munich. A specially appointed jury will decide which applicants are chosen for the presentation as part of the One Young World 2021 Munich Summit.
A representative of the City of Munich is part of the jury, and Munich is supporting the very first “OYW 2021 Munich Social Business Challenge” (short form: OYW2021Munich-SBC) with an online event and communications strategies.