Eiszauber on the Stachus: Party and tasty treats
Ice skating in the middle of the Stachus square
Take your skates with you when you go shopping during the advent season: The Eiszauber (Ice Magic) on the Stachus runs this upcoming winter from November 22, 2020 until January 10, 2021. In addition to a great ice rink, it also offers delicacies and beautiful christmas lights. There’s also a series of parties every night.
Images: Atmospheric Munich Eiszauber
Why we love the Eiszauber on Karlsplatz
- Ice skating is fun for everyone: No matter if you’re a professional or stepping into a pair of skates for the first time ever - everyone is welcome here. You don’t even need your own skates; you can rent them on site. For those with very little experience, or who are pessimistic by nature, you can also rent helmets.
- The largest mobile ice arena in the city: The arena in the middle of the Stachus measures 750 square meters, and to make sure you don’t get in the way of any pirouetting, amateur ice ballerinas, admission is divided into time blocks costing different amounts.
- Even for people who don’t like ice skating: Just watch a little bit. The wooden Panorama-Alm provides an excellent view of the skaters - while a mulled wine warms your hand or a tasty snack fills your stomach.
- Party fun after your shopping: Not only is there music, but also regular ice parties in the evenings. Variety is the spice of life - this also applies to the Eiszauber. Different specials start every day at 7:30 pm. We tell you what happens on what day below.
Video: How Beautiful the Eiszauber Can Be
A Diverse Program Awaits
Every evening has a theme starting at 7:30 pm (Block 4).
- Monday: “Tracht on Ice” - Whoever comes in a Dirndl or Lederhosen gets into Wiesn-Hits for free
- Tuesday: “Student Party” - One free premium long drink
- Wednesday: “Almparty” - Every ice skater gets a small Kaiserschmarrn for free
- Thursday: “Business on Ice”
- Friday: “House and Black Beat”
- Saturday: “Saturday Night”
- Sunday: “Two for One”
In Block 2, there’s “Seniors’ Afternoon” on Tuesday (everyone 60 and older just €4) and Wednesday/Thursday is “Children’s Afternoon” (children under 6 free, children over 6 just €4). On Sundays, there’s “Family Day” in Blocks 1 and 2.
Opening Hours & Prices
November 20, 2020 to January 10, 2021 at the Stachus
Daily from 10:30 am to 10 pm
Christmas and New Year’s Eve until 4:00 pm
Time blocks and prices
Block 1: 10:30 am to 1 pm - Adults: €6.00, children (12 and younger): €4.00
Block 2: 1:30 to 4 pm - Adults: €7.00, children (12 and younger): €5.00
Block 3: 4:30 to 7 pm - Adults: €8.00, children (12 and younger): €6.00
Block 4: 7:30 to 10 pm - Adults: €9.00, children (12 and younger): €7.00
€2 discount with holiday pass, severely disabled persons pay children’s price, season tickets also available: Adults: €70.00 and children (12 and younger): €40.00
Tip: Ice Skating in the Prinzregentenstadion
If you can’t get enough fun on the ice, you should visit the “Prinze” (Prinzregentenstr. 80). The ice stadium, with a 30 x 60-meter ice rink and grandstand for 450 spectators, offers not only ice skating to music and floodlights, but also has a connected sauna to relax afterwards...