Tickets at a Glance
This page provides you with an overview of the various MVV tickets for public transport in Munich
For spontaneous or occasional riders
- Single ticket entitles one person to one ride in one direction. More information on Single tickets
- A Stripe ticket (Streifenkarte) is a ticket that is good for several rides and/or several people and is less expensive than several single tickets. More information about the Stripe ticket
- A Day ticket is available either as a single or partner option for an unlimited number of rides per day. Details on Day tickets
Weekly, monthly or annual tickets – For regular use
- Good for an unlimited number of rides during a specific period (a week, month, or year) in the region for which they were purchased. Senior citizen, pupil, trainee, and student fares are also available.
- The last three groups require a customer card that includes a passport photo. These cards are only issued at the MVG Customer Center in Poccistrasse, at DB-Zeitkartenstelle München Hauptbahnhof, and the S-Bahn München Hauptbahnhof Service Centre. More information on weekly, monthly or annual tickets
Special Fares for Certain Groups
- Children under the age of 6 ride for free, children from the age of 6 pay a children’s fare.
- Young people between the ages of 15 and 20 may cancel only half the stripes that adults would have to cancel. More on the U21 offer
- The severely disabled (green-orange ID + supplement + token) and their escorts ride for free.
Pets and Bikes
- Every passenger may take one dog. Additional dogs travel at the children’s fare. Find out more about taking dogs by using the MVV Ticket Information
- Bikes may only be taken on the S-Bahn and on the underground but not during rush hour. Find out more about transporting bicycles by using the MVV Ticket Information