Christmas tram Munich - MVG ChristkindlTram
The most festive tram of the MVG (Munich Transport Association) drove round the city centre in 2019 during the Christmas market, but has been canceled in 2020 due to the corona pandemic. No worries, you can expect the ride in 2021 - and the dates will be announced in due course. On board are: Mulled wine, children’s punch, Christmas delicacies and festive music.
Tour around Christmassy Munich: All you should know
- Why should you come with me? The historic tram is enough reason to get on board - the nostalgic feeling when the charming old-timers from 1957 with wooden seats (an M-type train) creak on their journey, is unsurpassed.
- What is required? With its festive decorations, the tram not only looks good on the outside, it is also quite cozy inside. With a cup of mulled wine and gingerbread in your hand and Munich as a backdrop in front of the window, it is really wonderful.
- What to see? The ride passes through some of the most beautiful sights - including the illuminated Maxmonument. Stations at: Sendlinger Tor (entry and exit) - Isartor - Maxmonument - Nationaltheater - Theatinerstraße - Lenbachplatz - Stachus - Sendlinger Tor.
- When and how can you go? There will be no Christmas tram in 2020
- How long is the trip? The journey in the decorated Christmas tram lasts about 35 minutes.
- Is there something for children too? Of course: On the Advent Sundays there is a special children's program with magic and other surprises from 12 noon to 4 pm.