The ChristkindlTram: Munich Christmas round trips in Advent
With mulled wine and Christmas music through Munich
Christmas flair on a tour through Munich? There is! MVG's ChristkindlTram will be traveling through the city center again in Advent 2021.
Tour around Christmassy Munich: All you should know
- Why should you take a ride ? The historic tram is enough reason to get on board - the nostalgic feeling when the charming old-timers from 1957 with wooden seats (an M-type train) creak on their journey, is unsurpassed.
- What is being offered? With its festive decorations, the tram not only looks good on the outside, it is also cozy inside. With a cup of mulled wine and gingerbread in your hand and Munich as a backdrop in front of the window, it is really wonderful.
- What to see? The ride passes through some of the most beautiful sights - including the illuminated Maxmonument. Stations at: Sendlinger Tor (entry and exit) - Isartor - Maxmonument - Nationaltheater - Theatinerstraße - Lenbachplatz - Stachus - Sendlinger Tor.
- When and how can you go ? The line usually runs during the entire Advent season.
- How long is the trip ? The journey in the decorated Christmas tram lasts about 35 minutes.
- Is there something for children too ? Of course: On the Advent Sundays there is a special children's program with magic and other surprises from 12 noon to 4 pm.
- Where can one get a ticket? Tickets can be purchased before departure from the conductor's booth on site at the special stop "Sendlinger Tor". No reservations are possible. (Status: 2019)
For more information visit: www.mvg.de/christkindltram