Tips for New Residents
Anyone who is new to Munich usually asks these questions: How can I get a flat? Where can I get to know nice people? What can I do in Munich? And what actually makes Munich, Munich? Well, a native of Munich has the answers right here!
How can I find a flat?
- Use social networks - both virtual and real. Tell everyone that you’re looking and post your search for a flat. Keep your ear to the ground -perhaps, friends or acquaintances who are looking to let a flat or know someone, might help!
- Advertise in a local newspaper or use a appropriate online service
- Other tips on living and housing
Furnished Apartments in Munich
New in town and still without a flat? Or staying in Munich temporarily for a few months? Have a look at the apartments of Mr. Lodge: Furnished, fully equipped and available in all Munich neighbourhoods - feel right at home in your “own” four walls. View online and move in immidiately!
Where can I make connections?
- Our Facebook group: New to Munich - about 19,000 members get together by arrangement or spontaneously to do things like go to the cinema or play sport. http://www.facebook.com/groups/neuin/ (mostly in German)
- Do some sports together - it's easy to meet people when doing sports. Just take part in "Fit im Park" programme during the summer or "Hallensportprogramm" during winter. Both services are free of charge.
- Attend a course at the Munich Volkshochschule (adult education centre) (only in German) - cooking, dance or language courses are particularly good for getting to know people quickly.
- Just sit in beer gardens or cafés - this is common in Munich and is an easy and relaxed way of getting talking to people.
What actually makes Munich, Munich?
- The best person to tell you about that is a “Zugroaste” - someone from outside who has made the city their home (only in German)